God's word is power for your life!
Adult Bible Studies (through September 25):
Sundays at 9:20am
Wednesdays at 11:00am
(Monday Bible studies begin Monday, September 30 at 8:00pm)
Fall Bible study:
September 8 and Wednesday, September 11– Embrace Grace with Liz Curtis Higgs. Liz shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ in her own special and touching way, helping us to start our day saying “Ta-da” and remembering all that God has done for us! MEETS IN BIBLE STUDY ROOM
Sun. Sept. 15 and Wed. Sept. 18– St. Paul Church Windows - We will meet in the church sanctuary both of these days, as Roger Wendt explains the beautiful church windows that we are blessed to have. MEETS IN CHURCH SANCTUARY
Sun. Sept. 22 and Wed. Sept. 25– Ken Davis “God wants your body” – with his unique brand of humor and insight, Ken Davis helps you discover the three critical steps of knowing God’s will. This is for all ages! MEETS IN BIBLE STUDY ROOM
AND ….. Sun. Sep. 29 at 9:20am, Mon. Sept. 30 at 8:00pm and Wed. Oct. 2at 11:00am. THE STORY begins with Chapter 1: Creation, the beginning of life as we know it. Please read Chapter 1 BEFORE this Sunday/Monday. See the Separate schedule tab for THE STORY on this website.
+THE WHOLE BIBLE + THE WHOLE CONGREGATION +
+THE WHOLE FAMILY + THE WHOLE YEAR+
Here is some basic information:
· THE STORY is the Bible written chronologically, in 31 Chapters, written like a novel.
· THE STORY tells of the great lengths that God went to bring us back to Him, through Jesus Christ.
· There are FIVE versions of THE STORY, for each age level. Each family will receive age-appropriate copies for their family: Preschool 3, 4 and Kindergarten (and younger too); Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-6, Teen (Gr. 7-12) and Adult.
· Audio CDs of the adult book will be availabletoo, for those with a need for them – please sign up at church or call the office to reserve your set of CDs.
We will also have a companion reference guide, with maps, illustrations, and background information about each of the 31 chapters. This book will be available for $10.
· THREE Adult Bible study groups will be available for adults: Sundays – 9:20 am-10:20 am, Upper Fellowship Hall (UFH) ; Mondays – 8:00pm in the Bible study room; Wednesdays – 11:00am in the Bible study room
· A mailingis being sent out to “local” members/regular visitors during the week of August 26. A form for choosing the books for each family is included
· Books may be picked up at St. Paul on September 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30.
· When you pick up your books at St. Paul, you will receive a schedule. The schedule is also available on a separate tab on this website, for THE STORY.
Help is still needed in various areas of this program – please see the PINK sign-up sheet on the bulletin board at the top of the stairs and/or talk with Linda Gerlach.
Tuesday Evening Women’s Bible study (2nd and 4thTuesdays at 7:00pm in The Gathering Place (new location))– Our new study this fall is from Sarah Young, who has written the popular series of devotional books “Jesus Calling” and “Jesus Always”.
The topic we will be studying is “Following God’s Direction”. Many of us struggle with decisions and following God’s plan for us. This study will explore what the Bible has to say about the way God directs your steps.
Discover, as King David did “The Lord makes firm the steps of of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand” (Psalm 37:23-24). All women are welcome to be a part of this study as we grow in our faith and Christian friendships!
WOMEN OF FAITH BIBLE STUDY and Tuesday evening Bible study will begin again in the fall.
PRAISE BIBLE STUDY AND WALK
The Praise Bible Study and Walk meets again in the fall also.